I am disappointed, as I will not get to do my big costume for Origins this year. I have an image in my mind of how it is supposed to look, and it requires a working embroidery machine and more time that I currently have. So it joins my Belle costume on the backburner for later in the year. It will turn out better without having to rush it. Also, I will be able to use the pattern to make some tutorials. As much as I want to have this costume, the timing does not work.
The good news is my kid’s costumes are just about finished. In the long run, that was what was most important to me. I did get one new costume for myself done for this year. Going to do some repairs to my previous year costumes so I can get pictures for the cosplay section of this website.
More good news is that I found the files I need for one of my events.
So starting a website and blog 3 days before the major convention that my family attends may not have been the smartest plan in the world, but I guess it’s too late now.
It is currently Cosplay Chaos in the castle. We check in to our hotel in about 60 hours. For Origins Game Fair this year, new costumes are:
- My daughter – Starfire from Teen Titans (Working on Boots & Bracers still)
- My son – Link from Zelda Twilight Princess (Working on Bracers still)
- My daughter’s BBF – Jinx from Teen Titans (Hand Sewing Buttons)
- My BBF – Vintage inspired Star Wars Dress (Hand Sewing Buttons and facings)
- Me – Little Red Riding Hood (add Waist Band, trim around the hem, and bustle)
- Me – Grim Reaper (Haven’t started sewing)
I should also mention that I am running events and still need to do some edits to the character sheets and such. I see many 5-hour energy drinks in my future.